Located on the West side of Indian Arm, this 48 Ha site is only accessible by water and includes 1,100 meters of shoreline. It was named after Captain Tom Thwaytes, who in 1927 with his wife Anya, a Russian princess, built the original heritage home still standing today. The rocky beach provides a welcome and scenic rest area to kayakers and canoeists.
Steep, spectacular cliffs characterize Indian Arm. The rocky beaches that do exist are either privately owned, at the entrance or at the far end of the Arm. One quarter of the Thwaytes waterfront is an accessible beach that is a favourite rest area for many boaters, including kayakers and canoeists. Adjoining Thwaytes Landing are two provincial parks: Mount Seymour Provincial Park and the newly created Indian Arm Provincial Park. The property has significant recreational potential as a specific destination and will provide an essential gateway to any future trails in Indian Arm.