This year we took time to examine our goals. We refined and focused our role in establishing and maintaining a healthy, dynamic regional park system that is protected and enhanced for future generations.
We will refine and focus our role in establishing and maintaining a healthy, dynamic regional park system that is protected and enhanced for future generations, in particular by clarifying our relationship with Metro Vancouver Regional Parks.
- We will develop and implement a service agreement and a memorandum of understanding that recognizes and defines the special relationship between PPF and MVRP.
2. PPF’s work will be guided by four priorities:
- protecting the environment;
- connecting people to nature and recognizing the important role that parks play in people’s physical and mental health;
- park improvements;
- expanding parklands.
We will have a fully resourced fund development operation that successfully launches a fundraising plan to fund identified projects, allowing us to be successful at fulfilling our role.
1. We will create ambitious and sustainable fundraising goals for those projects which have been mutually agreed to by MVRP and PPF.
2. We will engage Board members and other volunteer leadership in campaign fundraising.
3. We will develop and implement the necessary human resources, policies, procedures and systems to support the fundraising goals and plan.
We will enhance our impact and reach within the community by intentionally building and strengthening purposeful, inclusive and sustainable partnerships with organizations that will assist in fulfilling our purpose.
1. We will cultivate partnerships with:
- the MVRP and Regional Parks Committee at MVRD;
- each major regional park through existing park associations;
- funders of conservation work within regional parks;
- indigenous groups interested in parklands; and
- funders of programs connecting communities to their regional parks.
2. We will build relationships and partnerships with like-minded organizations in order to amplify our brand.
We will have a plan to address the engagement of every board member in the work of PPF as well as the gaps and opportunities in our mix of resources to realize our full potential in meeting our goals.
1. We will fulfill the vision and strategy of a committee model, board member engagement and succession planning in order to achieve the mission of the organization.
2. Our Board composition will meet our ideal mix of skills, diversity and regional representation.
3. We will have a human resources plan to address identified personnel gaps and meet the strategic plan goals.