How amazing is that!?
Let us recap for you:
In 2019, filming took place in Metro Vancouver regional parks every. single. day.
1st Place: Team Scriptures
2nd Place: Team Big Sky
3rd Place: Team Imperfects
Congratulations to all of the teams, we look forward to what we can all achieve next year!
Helping hands are just as vital in the success of healthy parks – 28 of our donors also signed up for volunteer opportunities. If you’re interested in joining an incredible team of volunteers, find out more about volunteering here.
We are committed to providing you all with project updates and results on these 7 incredible projects:
- Aldergrove Regional Park: Reforestation of the lower plateau to rebuild this habitat corridor, remove invasive plants and fight climate change.
- Brunette-Fraser Regional Greenway: Removal of invasive species and plant native species that will encourage salmon, bird, insect, and other wildlife to thrive.
- Kanaka Creek Regional Park and Tynehead Regional Park: A trio of restoration projects.
- Boundary Bay Regional Park: Removal of invasive species, re-establishing native plants and creating programs to save this rare habitat.
- Capilano River Regional Park: Replace harmful invasive species with the native species that make this habitat healthy, beautiful & unique.
- Pacific Spirit Regional Park: Transforming an overgrown, weedy slope into a meadow of wildflowers for local pollinators.