August 17 – September 2, 2013
They are required to:
- – Participate in the PNE Recycling program
- – Remove or significantly reduce packaging of shipping materials
- – Use compostable products
- – Use environmentally friendly cleaning supplies
- – Use energy efficient lighting
- – Introduce measures that reduced water consumption
- – Purchase and use local sustainable food in their operation
- – Eco Alley; an informative and interactive area to educate PNE guests how to be more environmentally friendly.
- – Food scraps composting; Recycling Alternative will run a demonstration project testing the feasibility of composting food scraps from vendors at the PNE.
- – A bike valet service; provides more reason for guests to bike to the PNE
- – Cowpower; all electricity will be generated from cow manure to make electricity and high nutrient natural soil amendment