With a cool, wet start to summer many people may have found it easy to abide by the water restrictions. In fact, with the rain, many residents may not have been watering much at all.
Recently, however, the weather has started to heat up and yards are looking dry. Despite this, residents must resist the urge to go water crazy.
Please remember that residential lawn sprinkling hours are restricted to 4 to 9 a.m. This time frame is when the least amount of water used on lawns will evaporate. As you water please keep in mind that most yards only need one hour of sprinkling a week.
* Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 4-9 a.m. Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
* Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 4-9 a.m. Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday.
* Even-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 1-6 a.m. Monday and Wednesday
* Odd-numbered addresses may sprinkle lawns 1-6 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday
* All non-residential addresses can also sprinkle 4-9 a.m. Friday.
More information on water restrictions in Metro Vancouver can be found at: http://www.metrovancouver.org/services/water/conservation/Pages/sprinkling.aspx
Though school is back in session, the summer water restrictions are not yet over. Lawn sprinkling restrictions remain in place from June 1st all the way until September 30th!