We are beyond excited to announce the 1st Annual REEL Earth Day Challenge! The challenge is presented by Creative BC’s Reel Green™ program and industry partners, Pacific Parklands Foundation and Earth Day Canada.
The challenge will raise funds to be donated to Pacific Parklands Foundation, a registered charity supporting Metro Vancouver Regional Parks that protects and preserves regional parks, where many of B.C. productions have filmed over the years.
Inspired by the REEL Thanksgiving Challenge that raised over $1M, the REEL Earth Day Challenge will encourage crews, productions, sponsors, and other industry stakeholders to raise funds from Apr 9 – Apr 22, 2021, Earth Day. Industry sponsors will contribute to the top teams’ daily challenge totals, and the production that raises the most funds overall will be recognized as the winner!
100% of the money raised goes directly to work that protects and preserves regional parks, where many of B.C. productions have filmed over the years.
How the Challenge Works:
- There are ten daily challenge events, held each weekday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Industry sponsors will contribute a “prize” top-up to the top teams’ daily challenge totals. The prize amounts vary for each daily challenge event.
- The production that raises the most funds overall between April 9th, 2020 at 12:01 am and Earth Day, April 22nd at 5:00 pm PT will be recognized as the winner!
- Gifts to support the ten daily challenge events must be made between 9:00am and 5:00pm PT to be counted in that daily challenge’s tally
- All gifts made outside the daily event times will still support each team’s overall total for the main Challenge up until 5:00pm PT on April 22nd when the winner is decided.